Lode Runner takes you back to the golden era of innovative game concepts. Originally developed by Broderbund, the game was one of the first to fuse arcade with puzzle elements. It has been on the market for over two decades already, which is amazing even for real life things, let alone the fast changing computer industry.
The game idea is simple: With your nimble and valiant hero you collect treasures, dig traps for enemies (a.k.a Bungelings) that are trying to hunt you down and move up the screen to get to the next level. Levels become progressively more difficult and enemies turn more aggressive to keep you excited.
Lode Runner by ZX Games features enhanced functionality and redeveloped graphics. The true spirit is left intact. Ready to take the challenge?
- 150 original levels, each of them with its own zest and strategy
- Unique AI makes the enemies act natural. You will have to vary your tactics to win
- Exclusive control technology: your character will never get jammed or stuck
- Additional keys: dig to the left/to the right
- Level selection: you (or someone else) can play any level you have already completed
- Quick save and load
- Both window and full screen modes available
- Comprehensive help
- No nag screens
- Needs no emulators to run
Keywords: Not Established
Recent Changes: - Five new levels (155 in total)
- Minor fixes
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English, German, Russian
Additional Requirements: Pentim I or higher, 64MB RAM
PAD file URL: http://pad.zxgames.com/zxgames_loderunner_1.6_submit.xml