Full-text search tool for searching documents having content that match your query. The program scans chosen directories with your documents and builds search index for further quick search. With 7sDoc you can look for the most relevant to your query file with a single click.
The program's main features:
- the found files are sorted by relevance, the most relevant to your query documents are shown at the top of result list. To value the relevance each file is estimated by several parameters such as frequency of search phrase, phrase position inside the file, presence of search phrase in filename, importance of search words, file size, file age, etc.
- you can create multiply separated indexes for different directories with your documents grouped by themes. On search you can choose search area and to perform independent search on files grouped by themes.
- supports fuzzy search. The program's search algorithm can look for document that match the given words and some variation around them (fuzzy search);
- supports full-text search in files such as DOC, XLS, RTF, TXT, HTM;
- supports incremental reindexing of updated or new files;
- prevent files with dublicate content from being indexed;
- can remove unexisted files from search index on reindexing
Keywords: search, full-text, FTS, search-engine, lookup, find, text, file, document, find, relevant, personal, index, query, office, doc, xls, htm, rtf, txt, computer
Recent Changes: Since this version you can create separated search indexes for different directories with your documents.
This feature allows you to select search area and perform separated search on documents grouped by themes.
We developed 7s Indexer - a tool for setup and maintaining search indexes.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: 3 Mb free disk space
PAD file URL: http://7s.backupforall.com/7sdoc.xml